Every parent wants their child to be physically and mentally healthy. For some reason, some people still believe that all the problems of today's children are related to video games and game addiction.
I have to disappoint you. With the right approach, games can bring a huge benefit. Including matters of socialization and the development of social skills with peers and adults.
How video games help children
Consider a few factors that speak in favor of computer games. In today's world video games & kids are two closely related concepts. The vast majority of kids love to play, using computers, consoles, laptops, smartphones and tablets to do so.
- Combat shyness. If your child is shy about socializing, games can be a great way to make new acquaintances. Getting good at video games will be an excuse to find common topics of conversation;
- Team Play. Another useful tool for socializing a child is team video games. In order to succeed, you need to constantly communicate, act cohesively, and work as a team. Such a skill also helps in the future when an adult goes to work;
- Self-confidence. Figuring out the games and knowing some secrets, the child can become a real authority in the eyes of friends. And when other children turn to him for help and advice, it greatly increases self-confidence;
- Communication with parents. The problem with some children is that they do not communicate with their parents. To be closer to each other, try playing video games together. This will be an excuse to discuss them, develop new tactics and strategies for the next play sessions. Children want to talk to their parents about more than just school and lessons;
- Decision-making. Video games also contribute to the fact that a child learns to make difficult and quick decisions in certain situations. Scenarios for game projects require learning to plan one's actions, to take different approaches, and to be guided by specific situations and conditions;
- A desire to learn about the world. The plots of many video games encourage children to learn more about the topic they are devoted to. This can be a history, technical features of different machines and equipment, geography, the study of astronomy and much more. Passionate children try to learn even more by exploring useful websites, studying encyclopedias, historical reference books. Whenever possible, they travel and visit the places that were taken as the basis for the creation of this or that scene in video games.
As studies show, many children's hobbies lead to the choice of profession in the future. Therefore, if your child is interested in video games and related components, encourage him or her to learn about the world and seek information through different sources and methods.